MacForensicsLab version 4.0
- Redesigned main window interface.
- Button panel replaced by the Action menu and context sensitive menus.
- User can now select which plugins are run by the Audit function.
- Acquisition information can be added to or deleted.
- Users can now move bookmarks between folders.
- Totally revamped search window.
- Updated device and volume navigation.
- Better bookmark management.
- Rewritten backend code for faster functionality.
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion compatibility.
- User addable and creatable audit plugins.
- Bug fixes.
MacForensicsLab version 3.0
- Redesigned main window divided into Device and File views.
- System drive is noted in the shortcuts view in the Files tab.
- Hash button added to main screen.
- Analyze hits tracked when viewed.
- New Analyze window interface. Now defaults to ACSII view and is larger to allow viewing of a block at a time.
- Ability to highlight data area for carving.
- Ability to scroll blocks to select areas for carving.
- New counter reports number of search items found for each keyword within Analyze function.
- Skin Tone Analyzer now has a sliding bar to dynamically view results of any percentage of Skin Tone on the fly.
- Browsing search results now allows examiner to apply Skin Tone Analysis to the results.
- Audit results are now reportable in a separate HTML and/or text document.
- Audit results can be saved or exported out.
- Speed improvements with some tasks up to 12 times faster then 2.5.5.
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard compatibility.
- Resolved all previously known bugs.
- Redesigned allocation of memory, preventing system freezes due to memory leaks and/or inefficient memory allocation.
- Now displays system information at the bottom of the main window.
- “Flying” location bar has been removed.
- Acquire function window has been redesigned for an easier, more intuitive look and feel.
- Acquire functions Golden Master option now allows the target save locations to be different for each image.
- Acquire function now has 64-bit engine.
- Limit on size and number of keywords has been increased to 128 in the Analyze function.
- Analyze function is now 64-bit.
- Attach disk image function now has Shadow File option.
- Attach disk image function now has Ignore Permissions option.
MacForensicsLab version 2.5.2
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard compatibility.
MacForensicsLab version 2.5
- Added Microsoft Windows and Linux beta versions.
- Function buttons laid out in more logical order.
- Added email alert when operation is complete.
- Speed increases for processor intensive operations.
- Increased keyword limits for Search and Analyze functions.
- More powerful acquisition engine.
MacForensicsLab version 2.0
- Added Skin Tone analyzer.
- Added Social Security number and credit card number filtering.
- Added multi-threaded operations.
- Added filtering by image size and dimensions.
- Added ability to create additional file types to salvage.
- Added pattern matching for hash lists.
- Added built-in SQL database engine.
- Added ability to select information included or excluded from a report.
- Added bookmark manager for adding, deleting, and commenting.
- Added ability to comment on individual files.
MacForensicsLab version 1.6
- Added Universal Binary support for Intel and PowerPC Macs.
- Coding optimizations.
- Added Audit function.
MacForensicsLab version 1.5
- Added dual-bootable DVD for Intel and PowerPC based Macs.
- Added auto report generation function.
- Added Browse function.
- Improved bookmark function to allow bookmarking of files across multiple functions.
- Improved Salvage function to allow resuming of halted salvage process.
- Streamlined Salvage function.
MacForensicsLab version 1.0
- Initial release of MacForensicsLab.